Translate

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

January 6, 2015
 

What can I create with shapes?

Students read the story mouse shapes and were trying to use different shapes like the mice did in the story. Students then told me about what they created and how they used the shapes like the mice. Students were able to tell me about the story and create their own connection to literature by using the shapes to build. We created a connection for math and discussed the shapes in the story and students identified the shapes they were using to create their own image.


Students S: My fish lived in the bottle. He jumped in there! He was stuck and I could not get him out. My mom put him in the bowl with the turtle and he stinks really bad. They need a bath really bad. Then they need to have dinner.
Student A: I made a shark in the pool.
Teacher: Why did you make a pool for the shark?
Student A: The shark called my house and he asked me to make them one!

Student Z: I made the cat and my friends helped me make the three mice from the story.
Students J: We could make the animals out of shapes! Just like the story!
Student B: I made a scary mouse because it can scare the cat, Now he is a scaredy cat! I don't think he will come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment