Translate

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

What can you build with 10 of the same shapes?

September 30, 2014
  What can you build with 10 of the same shapes?
It has been interesting to observe the students and see how creative they are becoming. The students have been focusing on same and different using shapes.
We are counting shapes and are identifying them before they begin to create. One of my students was really taking his time and placing his shapes in a certain way. It was a great challenge for him to slow down and see what he could create with only 10 of the same shapes. He was so excited when he realized he was beginning to make a flower.


 A:" Look I can make a flower!"

What do you like to do with your family?
 We started to talk about family and community in class today. Students read aloud the story What makes a family? We talked about how each of our families are special, who is in our family and what we think of the word family. 
 Students said
  Family means "Brother, Sister, Mom, Dad, and our pets too!"
Students J: " You have a lot of friends."
Student S: " A whole bunch of people that love you!"
Student R: Family means your together."
Student C: "I think of Mommy and , I Love You!"
Students N: Grandparents, Mom, Dad, Aunts, Uncles and cousins too!"
Students illustrated pictures of what they like to do with their families. They were so excited to talk about their families and neighbors too!
Student R: I have neighbors next to me and I have neighbors above me. We live in an apartment. I have a lot of neighbors!" 


Students also discussed school and why it is important?
Student M:" School helps us learn and you get to do centers."

 Student J:"We can learn and be good and play outside on the playground, and I like to play in the kitchen!"
 Student R:" We need school because we need to learn."
Students:" This is our school we made together!"




No comments:

Post a Comment