Translate

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Wednesday, October 15 2014

Students are focusing on pets this week and how they have to be taken care of and the relationships and connections they make with families. The students read the Story Please, Puppy Please. I asked students to look at the picture and describe what they thought of when they looked at the illustration.


Student J: "He feels bigger than the sky!"
Student S: "They love each other."
Student Y: "Their hugging each other because the  puppy got the ball and finally listened."
Student M: "Brother, sister love the dog and the cat."
Student H: "Their having a hug."
Student Z: "They are happy."
Student A: "Their a happy family."

What do you think about your family and pets when you see this illustration?
 Student M: "Family"
Student N: " Yeah and Happy too!"
Students S: " I love my family!"
Student E and R: " I love my dog and I love my cat!"

The students were able to make a family and home connection with the story we discussed. They were excited to relate their lives and experiences with one another. We then used pattern blocks to create pets.

" I made a tiger striped cat!"
 
 
"We made a cat together!"


No comments:

Post a Comment